• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

The Boy Next Door-C5

Chapter 5

“Sorry for all this,” I apologised.

“It’s ok, do you like my book?” Josh asked promptly.

“I liked it.” I admitted.

“You are the first I think who read my book.” Josh said meditatively.

“Well I’m getting hungry and I think we got to dine out as I forgot to brought anything for cooking as I was reading your book the whole afternoon.” I suggested.

He just gave me a sunny and genuine smile. We took a brisk walk to the restaurant near by. We sat in there and ordered steak and orange juice. We ate and had a good conversation at the same time.

“So you are not only a waiter but a Writer.” I asked.

“You can say so, I supposed.” Josh answered without hesitation.

“No one in school know I am a writer except you. This surprises me a lot.” Josh added.

I just carried on with my food leanly. After the food, we had a lovely walk, with the sun setting behind the mountain in a sea of liquid gold. This walk didn’t last long as we reached my home in fifteen minutes time. I went to check on the box and realised the egg was hatching. I was so thrilled with it that I broke the happy news to Josh and started to jump and speak at the same time. Josh was smiling vaguely.

“Do you always get so agitated over this kind of stuffs?” Josh snickered.

“Sometimes,” I replied with velvety.

“Alright I will get the camera down to take down this comely moment.” Josh continued.

Josh scurried downstairs to get his bag pack. He came up in no seconds. He began to take photographs of the egg hatching. Gradually the chick emerged from the egg. Josh set the camera to automatic taking on my bed and stood beside me and within minutes photographs were taken. Josh was standing real close beside me. Somehow it didn’t matter to me. I held the chick painstakingly with my hands. Josh took out the cracked eggshell and put a dry towel in the box and filled a pygmy bowl with milk. I later placed the chick slowly in the box. Josh placed a lamp next to the box to provide warmth to the chick. The chick started to drink the milk. I was glad with this momentous instant. Josh just stood beside me sharing the same feeling I had. We began to share and read each other reports. We concluded our reports and began to type the details in my computer. Josh just sat on my bed giving me his ideas and after awhile he took the place of me in typing. After everything, it was time to design the report and we in searching for the perfect pictures and designs to fit into our report. We found a scenery picture of valley and river and we decided to use it. Josh finished the report in no time and started to print them out. While waiting for the paper to be printed out, we began with a true and serious conversation. We sat on my bed facing each other.

“I really enjoyed working with you in the report. It seemed to me sometimes you are trying to avoid me. Tell me more abut yourself as I hardly even know you.” Josh spoke musingly.

“Well you know my name and where I stay. I like to ice skate and draw. I have a bunch of cool friends. I’m a contradicted person to be understood. I’m not an easy satisfied person. Well I have quite a lot of boyfriends but it ended up I was heart breaker. Obviously now I’m not attached. I have phobia of having a true relationship. Maybe it was because I scared to lose them or even scared to break their heart. I wanted to have a relationship when the guy could understand my phobia not just only wanted to have physical love with me. All I want is some chemistry and something stronger than love.” I said tartly.

“Well now I know so much about you. You know maybe that’s what cupid considered you as closed heart. You got to try to open your heart for you and the guy sake. Love will always be there to bring you to your dream guy. That’s what cupid always does, you know! I’m a pretty complex person too. I’m devoted but yet to the wrong girl. I can’t break any girl’s heart no more as the last time I did made me filled the suitcase with all the regret. If I loved a girl, I would try to be as romantic as possible to give her the best moment. Now I found my dream girl yet I can’t be with her because all these need a price. I always think of consequence before I do anything. I have phobia in going forward to held the girl’s hand or even kissed her.” Josh confessed.

“I got to admit you are a bad kisser but a romantic lover. Sometimes you got to let go things and go for things you longed. All the luck in you.” I advised.

I realised josh and I was getting closer again on the bed. Josh’s head was getting closer to mine, as he placed his lips on mine. His lips were smooth and closed. I kissed him back. I loved his kiss this time rather in the lab or the good night kiss. The kiss was just so different. I got to admit I enjoyed his tender kiss. I didn’t know why I didn’t resist. I knew I got the chemistry with Josh entirely. Soon I could feel his tongue caressing mine as he held me closed by his side. The printer gave a beep sound indicating it had finished printing. I disengaged from him at the instant.

“Josh you have Nancy, we shouldn’t have. Let’s finished up our report.” I spoke.

“I’m sorry,” Josh apologised as he got up from my bed and took the papers for binding.

I walked him to my door. I closed the door and hailed a sign of relief that I did nothing with him. I went to my bed, switched off the computer. I brushed my teeth before I turned in. I was waiting for sleep with a child’s welcoming confidence on my back, heels spread to corners of bed, hands tucked into cool under pillow so her elbows stuck up. I lay in a position with sheet pushed down to his waist. Moonlight fell on me, squared in four by shadows of window mutinies. I slipped hands out from under my pillow, crossed them at the wrists, and wagged them. Shadow of dove flew across moonlight on chest. Minutes ticked by and soon my eyes started to droop sleepily into my dreamland.

3 comments:

laney said...

Thank you for your nice comment... thanks for reading my site...

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top