• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

C8-Dreamlover

CHAPTER 8

Instead of taking the lift up, Roy climbed the stairs instead. Roy had a conversation with Ben’s dad.

“I’m afraid that I might lose the case.” Roy hinted.

“Please help my son, I love him and I love Matt too but Ben killed Matt. I don’t know why. Ben has a future and he can’t spend his life in the jail.” Ben’s dad sobbed as he urged.

“I’ll try all my best.” Roy was determined as he assured him.

Roy went into the courtroom and saw Estelle and her dad. Roy rises as the judge entered.

“Defendant, you may begin now.” The judge permitted.

“Your honor, may I call upon the witness, Ben’s psychologist?” I asked.

“ Go ahead,” the judge permitted.

“ Can you tell me about your patient, Ben?” I questioned.

“He has a lot of illusions and fantasy. He suffered from stress and concussion and here the report of his medical record.” Dr Bennett testified.

“Thank you, Dr Bennett and is it possible that Ben Killed Matt in a mistake that he had totally no idea what he’s doing?” Roy opined as he took the report to the judge.

“Yes, it’s possible.” Dr Bennett stated.

“I have no further question.” Roy proclaimed.

“ Have you cross examined the witness, Mr. Scott?” Mr. Carter snorted.

“Yes and here is the report.” Roy answered. Estelle can’t take her blue oceanic eyes away from Roy.

“Is it possible that Ben kills Matt and he know what the hell is doing? Can I say Ben murder Matt?” Mr. Carter suggested.

“Objection,” Roy interrupted.

“Sustained,” the judge said.

“Prosecutor you may start to summarize your conclusion.” The judge ordered.

“Jury, the point that you are here is to trial this cold blooded murder. If a boy of ten years old can chop of his brother’s head he is no longer consider him as a child and consider him as adult. I can’t turn my head away and say he is just a boy and so he did not commit a crime. He admitted that he wished to see Matt was dead. He can’t use the excuse that Matt bullies him and so kill Matt as this is called murder. He chopped Matt’s head which shows violent in Ben.” Estelle surmised.

Roy walked towards the jury.

“A boy who is of 10 years old has a great future in front. Just now, before the trial His dad cried so sadly in front of me and told me no matter what I must help this boy as he’s just ten. You can’t judge the boy of ten under adult law, as he is only ten. It’s unfair to Ben.
He had a concussion as his Psychologist can proof it and this cause him to have illusion and fantasy and add up to the TV show he see that was so violent doesn’t mean he’s violent. You don’t judge a person by his cover. He had totally no idea what he’s doing. He admitted that he wished to see Matt to die but He did not admit that he kill or even meant to kill Matt. He has been honest throughout the whole trial. He felt sad that Matt has died. Ben performed well in his studies and has a good attitude. He always keeps quiet when Matt bullies him and it shows only that he has no motive in killing Matt. Ben believes in justice and that’s why you are here to give him a fair verdict.” Roy summarized.

Roy did not leave the courtroom, as he wants to accompany Ben and his dad. Roy could see the bond between his client and his dad. Roy was pretty touched. Estelle has to leave to the restaurant with her dad. At 2P.M Estelle came back to see the verdict.

“Jury, have you come to verdict?” the judge asked.

“Yes, your honor!” the jury answered.

“What say you? Can the defendant please rise?” the judge asked.
Roy and Ben rise to hear the verdict.

“It is in favor of the defendant. The charge that the defendant commit a murder found the defendant not guilty.” The jury announced.
Roy hailed a sign of relief and Roy hugged Ben.

“Thank you, so much!” Ben’s dad responded.
Roy just smiles and left the courtroom.

“Finally get to have a chance to talk to you! Yes I’m engaged but I did not like him. I did not played a part with your feelings. All I know was being accused of things I never done.” Estelle mentioned.

“You know what, I really have no idea what are you doing and I don’t think it matter to me somehow now. It’s not just an explanation only. We need to cool down and think what we really want. We are complicated, isn’t it? See you the next time and have a nice day.” Roy whispered sadly.

“Fine, since you want it this way. We shall talk some other day.” Estelle agreed.

Roy couldn’t imagine that he could say that out from his mouth. Estelle found out that Roy is actually a famous lawyer’s son and he is not just a mechanic. Estelle can’t believe it and saw Roy with his dad. Roy was bringing his dad home. His dad sat on his favourite sofa the minute he reached home.

“I know that you are a mechanic and you are a good one and also a good lawyer. I’m proud of you.” Roy’s dad quoted.

“The more unbelievable thing but I have total confidence in myself and most probably is my determination. Rich can’t buy everything dad, remember what I say.” Roy snapped.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top