• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

The Boy Next Door-C2

Chapter 2

The bell finally rung, I packed my bag and walked as fast as I could to my locker to get some stuffs and guess what Josh’s locker been beside mine. He came just in time to his locker when I was about to close my locker and walked away.

“Hi, Natalie what a coincidence. Where you going after this?” Josh asked.

“Hi, going home. Gonna run, see you around.” I walked away and I met Nancy who stared at me with blood-hate.

I avoided her eyes and trudged to my car and drove home. I hailed a sigh of relief as I drove away from the school that Nancy didn’t catch up with me. There was no one in my house as my parents were working. I put my bag at the corner of my room. I ran to my kitchen. I opened the refrigerator to get Thor’s food and I put it in its bowl. It ate so emaciatedly. I decided to stroll to the nearest café to grab a bite. It was a pretty pleasant and posh café. I saw a vacant seat by the window, I sat on it. I was reading the menu when I heard a familiar voice asking for my order. I looked up and was flabbergasted to see Josh was the waiter here. Josh didn’t seem astonished to see me.

“What can I get for you?” Josh asked.

“A Hawaiian pizza, thanks.” I answered.
Josh walked away after my order. I had no idea why my heart was beating so fast every time I met him. Five minutes later, my order came. He put the plate of pizza on the table and a glass of orange juice I didn’t order.

“This drink is my treat to welcome you to our school. Hope you like it.” Josh bent down and whispered into my ears.

I thanked him once again. My fear seemed to be gone after he whispered into my ears telling me we were just friends indirectly. I ate so peacefully enjoying every bits of taste of the pizza. I drank the orange juice slowly into my throat to quench every little thirst I had in my body. I foot the bill at the counter. I paid the money to Josh who was at the counter then. I went off after I foot the bill. Just before I stepped out of the door, Josh caught up with and offered to give me a lift home. I finally agreed with him. Josh drove me home and he gave me one more surprise that he stayed just next door.

“So you are my new neighbour my mom was talking about.” Josh added.

“My dad was your dad’s good friend and talked much about you.” I reacted.

“What a coincidence?” Josh spoke.

“Well, very coincidence instead so I’ll see you then.” I bid him goodbye.
I went into the house and finally my parents were back.

“So we see you talking to Josh. He’s a nice boy isn’t he?” My mom teased.

“Mom, we can’t be lovers as he got a girlfriend already. I just broke off with Scott last week. I won’t want to go to relationship at this moment.” I responded.

“Then that’s too bad for Josh.” My dad teased.
I took a long, hot bath. I lied on the bathtub relaxing after the brainstorming day in school. I still had no idea how to deal with Nancy but I was sure she couldn’t get me. I got changed into my pyjamas and went down to the kitchen to have a scrumptious dinner with my parents. After dinner, I hurried to my room to do my homework. I switched on my computer and my Internet service was on throughout the day. Someone in my channel message me.

‘Natalie still busy with your work, do you need my help?’ the screen shown.

‘Who are you and how you got my channel?’ I typed.

‘I’m Josh, I get it through your address. Don’t be mad with me, I had no bad intention just worried you need someone in school for help as you are new here. My dad asked me to help you in whatever circumstances.’ Josh typed.

‘I’m not mad just curious. Thanks for your offer but I had no problem now. I’m sorry for the kiss today and whatever problem I brought to you and Nancy.’ I typed.

‘Well I should be the one sorry, as I knew Nancy was quit petty and might do something bad to you. How’s your day in school today?’ josh typed.
‘Rushing all the way to avoid Nancy. I think I can handle it well hopefully. Gonna go, sleep tight and sweet dream. Goodnight.’ I typed.

‘You too.’ Josh typed.

I packed my bag before I switched off the light to sleep. I sat on the deckchair by the balcony to look at the myriad of glittering stars. It was breezy the night and my curtain was flying up and down. I was so into the stars that I didn’t notice Josh was too at the balcony watching the stars and me. Wind blew by and soon my eyes began to droop sleepily and I went to my bed and went to my wonderland while Thor had fast asleep. I saw Josh in the wonderland too and he was sitting at the bench smiling at me with his two dimples shown on both side of his cheek. The strong beam of sunlight that shone right through my window awakened me. I had no idea why I dreamt of him but I was definitely not drawn to him. My parents had left me a note telling me that they were on business trip for two weeks. Mom however prepared the breakfast ready for me before they left for the flight. I was having my breakfast when my doorbell rang. I opened the door and was surprised to see Josh was at the door.

“Hi, good morning, I forgot to fill up fuel tank in the car and now there was no fuel. Can you give me a lift to school?” Josh greeted.

“Sure, why not. Do you want to join me for breakfast?” I asked.

“It’s ok I’ll wait outside.” Josh answered.

“Wait in here, instead.” I offered.
Josh took off his shoes and sat on the blue couch.

“Feel free to browse and listen to the CDs. I won’t be long as I was going for a bath.” I offered.
Josh went on browsing the CDs and found the one he wanted. I was bathing in a rapid speed when the song, ‘unchained melody’ by the Righteous brother was played. I changed into a little sheath that was scrupulously cut dress. I walked down the stair with my bag around my shoulder.

“I loved this song and the movie, ‘ Ghost’ a lot.” I spoke.

“Me too.” Josh said.

I went to the porch and drove the car and he sat right beside me. I drove at my greatest speed. I noticed he kept stealing glances at me. Finally we reached the school; Josh got out of the car and thanked me before he left. I parked my car in the car park and rushed toward the lab for my biology lesson. I sat beside Josh.

“I want two person of each bench to grow a egg together. Record the process and stages. I give you two weeks time. There will be marks given and also prepared a speech. You may make use of this period to plan how you gonna grow it.” Mr Boston announced.

“So do you want to keep it in your house or mine?” Josh asked.

“Well I kept it in mine since my parents were not in.” I agreed.

Josh and I spent a lot of time in school discussing about it and even during our break. I decided to go to Josh house to write the report, as he wanted to show me the box that would produce enough heat to hatch the egg. The discussion was going ok until Nancy came along trying to distract us. We went back for lesson when bell rung and soon the day were over. I ate with Sarah in the canteen. We had a palaver and she talked about Josh again. I tried to convince her that we were just friends. Josh asked me to come to his house at 6p.m. I went home and did my homework and took a nap. Out of the blue my computer was ringing and showed that someone had just messaged me. It was from Josh.

‘I afraid you might forget the time and here I am to remind you like a grandfather.’ Josh typed.

I typed back telling him I won’t and realised time passed by fast and it was already 5.30pm. I went for a soothing bath and got change into a spaghetti-striped shirt and shorts. Everything was ready by 6p.m; I brought the materials needed for the project and the egg along. I walked to his house and pressed on the doorbell. He invited me into his house.

“Come on in, this is the box I wanted to show you.” Josh told me.

“Looked pretty high tech.” I praised him.

“Since tomorrow is weekend, I brought something to surprise you and we can watched it together.” Josh told me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top