• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

Summer Break- C9

CHAPTER 9

This time I had an unbelievable dream that was taken place on top of some hills. I was standing there alone to see little yellows blooming as they are snow-capped mountain peaks in distance, and down below valley is all green and dotted with little houses. It was a totally a breath-taking moment. I walked to the pretty meadow and sat down, taking in the scenery. There were sheep in the meadow away across valley as snow began to set in Alps. Looking down and see river from here, shining in afternoon sun, so peaceful and beautiful that it made you wanted to stay here forever.

As I said this was just my dream and it didn’t last long when my room exploded with daylight as makeshift front door caved in. mom woke me up for breakfast. I went to wash up before I went to dining room for breakfast. I stretched and groaned. I took a shower, brush teeth and morning stuff. I then hopped down the flight of staircase to the dining room.

I greeted my parents as usual. Mom went into the kitchen to take my glass of orange juice, and I went into the kitchen and kissed her on the cheek and thanked her. Not long after, my parents went to work and left me alone in the well-built, spacious and modern house. I finished my breakfast still deciding where to go and what to do for this day. I was not sick and bored about beach and so I decided to bring Thor alone. I brought along its food. I packed some sandwiches into a lunchbox. I also brought along water bottles, and the toy bone I bought for Thor. I changed into a white cotton sleeveless shirt and a loose whit pants. I just wore a pair of sandals too as I was in a beach. I drove to nearby beach and there was not even a single soul. As soon as we reached there, Thor jumped out of my jeep and ran freely on the beach.

A gentle breeze came up to spin white drifts of seawater over the beach. I was greeted by the sea breeze. I walked out from the jeep to the innocuous and delicate sand. I took Thor’s bone and I whistle to it and lured it to come to my side and catch the bone. Obviously my trick did worked on Thor. Thor went chasing me along the beach. I gave in to Thor and gave it the bone. It was sticking his tongue out panting as well as wagging its tail, which meant it was happy. High tides came along and I took off my sandals. I walked nearer to the sea and stepped from dry sand to damp sand. Smell of sea almost preternaturally. The high tides went up the beach that brushed against my feet making me feeling so soothing and cool and the tides subsided back to the sea and brushed against my feet with sand mixture sticking onto my wet feet. Thor was afraid of water and you could see when the hide tide came it ran back onto the beach barking at the tides.

This jocular moment I seen touched every place in my heart. I went to washed my hands and gave Thor its food and I ate my sandwiches. After brunch, I walked along the beach again bare-footed with Thor as the high tides turned to low tides. There was no need for me to leash Thor up as it was always on its best behaviour. The best part was it knew how to come back home no matter how far it was. Thor was my second best friend as it would always be by side during my up and down.

Well my first best friend was none other than my shadow. Just then a seagull and landed on Thor’s body. It was strange that Thor didn’t bark at it or even chased at it. It was a spectacular moment I guessed. Time passed by fast and steadily. Soon I was having the lovely walk, with the sun setting behind the mountain in a sea of liquid gold. I signalled to Thor that it was time to go home. I drove cautiously back home. On my way I realised that the fuel of my jeep was finishing and I was crossing my finger that I would reach a petrol station before the fuel was finished. Thankfully I really did managed to reach a petrol station. I parked my jeep there and the service people just helped to fill up my jeep with fuel. A cloud, ominous and black, drifted over the mountain and released a sudden shower. It was cold and wet with a brisk wind sweeping the rain across the land. I was covering Thor with my windbreaker. Through the dash light I saw vision of a light blinking.

“Hello, anyone out there? I need help.” Someone shouted with a full and rich voice.

Without hesitation, I went out of the petrol station and checked out what actually happened. I finally saw a red Ferrari car out there with a lady. I went up to her. It was too dark to see the face of the lady but from her voice I thought she was a young lady around my age.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“My car ran out of fuel, can you help me to push into the petrol station?” She requested.

“Sure, you can sit in your car first while I pulled.” I instructed.

With that I started pushing the car real hard and finally pushed into the petrol station. Service man helped her to fill in the fuel tank too of her car. I went to my car. I was all wet and I could feel the wind against my body. I was cold but not very cold. Suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top