• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

The Boy Next Door-C4

Chapter 4

I took a quick bath and got changed into a short sleeve white tank shirt and black tight nylon pant that fit every curve of my hips. I didn’t have time to put on much make up on my face. I only managed to put on some eye shadow and lip gross. I took my wallet and took my car keys and headed to my grouch to drive my car to the bar. I was speeding I supposed and hoping no traffic policemen would ask me to pull over. I was ten minutes late when I reached the bar.

“Natalie, we thought you are not coming. We had better get in the queue as the guard over there would stop us from getting in.” Sarah greeted me with friends beside her.

We were waving frantically hoping the guard would choose us to get in and it somehow worked out that way. The guard checked our identification card before letting us in. the bar was preoccupied with people. It was saturated with all the pop music. Sarah and friends decided to play game of billiard. I joined them too in the game. I was the first to start with the game. Just as we were on our best moment, Josh and Nancy came along greeted us. Nancy decided to challenge me of the game of billiard. I started the game with three balls rolling into the three holes. That was not the end as I continued to give the best shot as Sarah and friends were cheering for me. Finally there was the last ball for me to shoot it into the hole and the game ended. I just gave Nancy a victory smile. Nancy stared at me with hate as she felt a stab of jealousy. Sarah and I went to get us some drinks. We were laughing and talking about how I just beat Nancy flat in the game. I was wearing pretty casual the night. As Sarah and me were talking so engrossly, some guys came along and offered to buy us drinks. We didn’t turn the offer down. Well somehow more guys came forward and asked me to dance with them. Well as I was quite a more outgoing person, I went to out to the dancing floor and danced with the guys.

I could see Josh’s eyes were on me as I danced with them. I ignored his presence. The music was pretty cool as I danced according to the beat of the music. The guy got so close to me as I danced with him. I was thinking it was purely just dance and it didn’t matter. I had to disengage the close touch from the guy and went to have couples of drinks with Sarah. As the music turned into a slow melody, Josh and Nancy danced on the dancing floor. Nancy was hoping I could see how she caressed Josh during the dance to have a big effect on me however it didn’t. I had quite a sparkling moment in the pub. It was almost twelve and I made up my mind to go home and rest. I drove home and I saw Josh lying on the garden of mine. I parked my car and went up to him.

“Josh, are you alright?” I asked.

He was getting progressively drunk and boisterous. I had to help him to lie on my couch. He was heavy enough for me to help him to my house. He was so close to me that I caught scent of his body, light sweat, smell of soap and alcohol all over him. I just left him in my couch as I went to have bath. I came out with my towel drying my hair and took a blanket along to put over him. I went on drying my hair at the balcony. I was not sleepy. In my mind I was still wondering how Josh could manage to fall asleep in my garden. I was not drawn to him for sure but there was just this unusual feeling I had for him. Josh was not just my neighbour but my dad’s good friend’s son. All of the sudden, I felt I was surrounded by the cupids who were asking me to open my heart to love a guy and let the guy love me. It looked peculiar to me for sure but it was so real. I was stubborn as a mule that my heart had already opened but it seemed that the cupids were shaking their heads in disagrees. I was waken by the telephone rang.

“Hi, honey. How are you?” my mom greeted.

“Fine mom, how about you and dad?” I asked.

“Ditto, I got to go see you soon.” My mom ended the conversation.
Time passed by so swift that it was already the gray of dawn. I did my common morning stuffs. I walked down the stairs to find Josh was still sleeping. I didn’t bother to wake him up. I went to the kitchen to cook beacons and eggs for breakfast. I was about to turn around and took out the plates to put the food on it when I saw Josh right behind me.

“Smell good, good morning.” Josh greeted.

“Are you alright?” I asked.

“More sober than you do.” Josh answered.

Josh sat on the chair in the dining table waiting for the food to be served. I put the plate on the table.

“Sorry that I had bothered you for the whole night.” Josh apologised.

“It’s ok but next time just don’t drink too much.” I advised.

“Sure before I slept in the wrong garden again.” Josh joked.
I just smiled vaguely back. We continued with our breakfast and silence just broke off except for the sound of forks and spoons. I cleared the plates once he had finished his breakfast. Josh offered to help me in washing the plates. He washed the plates while I dry the plates by wiping them with towels side by side with him.

“Thanks for the breakfast.” Josh thanked me.

“You are welcomed.” I answered vividly.

“Well I actually forgot you were good at billiard. Do you want to join me for the game tonight at the same pub?” Josh asked me.

“Well no but we had to do our chick programme tonight.” I reminded Josh.

“Sure, shall I come over this time?” josh suggested.

“Fine with me.” I agreed.
Josh took his jacket and was heading towards the door to go back home. I didn’t send him off, as I didn’t feel there’s a need. Josh however did said goodbye to me before he went off. My phone rang and it was from Sarah.

“Natalie, I still wonder if you like Josh as Nancy was really pissed off by you.” Sarah asked.

“Well I didn’t like him but he was just a friend.” I answered with the truth from my heart.

I ended the conversation with Sarah, as I had to bath Thor. I fed it with lots of food. Summer was sun still hours from setting at fifty- five degrees latitude. I got the urge to go ice -skating. Without hesitation, I got changed into a white tank shirt and a blue and loose pant. I brought along my gloves. I drove there in fifteen minutes. The titanic area of the ice-skating ring surprised me. I paid for the ticket of the entrance fee. I got changed into my ice-skate shoes. I skate around the ring with lots of freedom. I loved the cool temperature in there and the calmness in there. I skated as if no one was around me as the whole ring was saturated with the music. Around noon, I stopped skating and dropped by the bookshop nearby to look for books to help in the project. I was searching on the book’s shelves with the letter J. I didn’t manage to find the book I wanted but I however did found a book by Josh Junior.

I bought the book just because I wanted to know what the story was about. The book was titled ‘Riding your love’. It sounded pretty enticing. I drove him with a swift and steady speed. I sat on my couch the moment I reached home. I took the book out from the paper bag and read it. The first chapter had already captured my attention. I was fascinated by the way he wrote the story in a very unusual way. It was about how a boy who always longed for a simple life with everything in it. The boy owned a horse, which he would always ride on it. The boy ran into an exquisite girl who he fell in love with but problem was that the girl was from a low caste and the boy was from a high caste and he can't has anything to do with the girl. They neglected the caste rules and always spent their time together riding on a horse to the edge of the beautiful valley to see the breath-taking sunsets and sunrises. It didn’t take me so long to finish the book, as I was reading continuously and engrossly. I was entering into the story when Josh rang on my doorbell. I closed the book and flopped down on the couch.

“Josh, hi what are you doing here?” I asked breezily.

“I thought we were supposed to do the project at this time. May I come in as this really weighs a lot.” Josh answered.

“Oh I almost forgot the time.” I looked at my watch and apologised.
Josh came into my house and put the box at my balcony.

“Nice room,” Josh complimented.

“Thanks, give me fifteen minutes to bath and all that stuffs.” I added.Josh walked out of my room to the living room. I was rushing in my bathing and getting change into a T-shirt and short. I hurried downstairs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top