• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

Summer Break- C5

CHAPTER 5

Silence again broke off until we reached the dock.

“Here we are, I hope this will cheer you up.” I assured Kate.

“Hopefully,” Kate bellowed.

With that we paced our way to the yacht. I started to drive the yacht away from the dock but it was not that far. She went into the cabin and glanced through the CDs I had in the yacht. She chose to play the song, ‘Dreaming of you’ by Selena. I went to the cabin straight to the kitchen corner to cook dinner. I cooked the savoury spaghetti with tomatoes, mushrooms and mince beef balls. I ensure that the sauce that fit onto the spaghetti was palatable. I had no idea why I could cook the dinner in the flash of lightning. I brought the food to the table at the cabin. She was sitting on the couch with her right leg crossing over her left leg. Kate looked so dazzling with her ostentatious evening gown that looked like molten gold. Kate reminded me of the exquisite women Shakespeare described in Literature.

“May I have the honour to ask you to join me for dinner?” I asked gentlemanly.

Finally this made her smile a little. We just ate the dinner with lull. I cleared up everything as usual after dinner. Kate had gone up to the deck with the music turned on loud and clear. I went up the deck with a bottle of champagne, two glasses and a bowl of fruits. As I was pouring the drinks into the glasses, Kate came up to me and asked me to dance with her. I did so and stopped pouring the drinks. We were dancing with Kate’s head on my shoulder and my arms around her waist.

“Are you all right?” I asked with concern.

“Jacob, let’s just dance and not talked about it, please.” Kate insisted softly into my ears.
She really danced with all the way till she was tired and she went sitting on the deckchair. She drank quite a lot of the champagne till she was really walking unsteadily. I had to walk up to her and held her. This was not over when she fell into the sea when I was getting a towel for her. I jumped right into the sea in search for her.

“Kate where are you?” I shouted out for her.
Out of the blue, she popped out of the water right in front of me.

“Here, I’m over here. Water is real cooling after I had been under the scorching sun. Let’s swim for awhile.” Kate answered.

“You scared the hell out of me. You gonna pay for this.” I teased her with relieve as I tried to swept my wet ginger hair with my hands.
We started to behave like playful children and began to splash each other with water. We went up to the yacht when the night was getting colder. I got towels for Kate and me to dry us up. Luckily I already took off my cotton jacket. I only had my shirt and pants wet. Kate was not as lucky as I was as she got herself all wets with nothing dry to put on.

“Take my jacket,” I suggested as I handed my jacket to her.
She went into the cabin and got changed while I pulled my shirt over my head. I was naked from waist up. I continued to dry my hair with the towel. I had no idea Kate was behind me. Kate was hypnotised by sleek tapes of muscles in my back and my arms and smooth skin on nape of my neck. As I moved slightly, stirred from her daze catching scent of my body, light sweat and smell of soap. I tore her gaze by turning back and saw her.

“Thanks for the jacket.” Kate thanked me.
I just smiled back without a word. Kate then sat at the deckchair beside mine. We could hear the breeze-rippled sea hitting at the sides of the yacht and myriad softer sounds that stir in the night beside the music.

“Jacob, thanks for everything you had done for me.” Kate thanked me once again.

“What are friends for?” I replied.
In my heart, I knew I had lied that Kate and I was just friends but I felt that I not only wanted her to be just my friend. I wanted her to be more than that. It was more than just a crush and I thought I might have even fell in love with Kate. My stubbornness knew no bound and I still did not want to start a relationship with her with fear that I would hurt her again like what I did to others last time. We just sat there resting waiting for the sunrise. Kate fell asleep in no seconds. I would like to caress her but I can’t afford my rude hand to caress her blond, smooth, fine and pure hair. I was really in a confusion state where I had to make a choice to start or not start a relationship. I could say how much I love her now but I can’t risk the high possibility that I might break her heart.

From my bottom of my heart, I loved her too dearly that I got to retreat from planning to having a relationship with her. I wished to be with her but those stuffs just can’t get out of my mind. Kate really did take my breath away. I just sat there waiting for the sunrise without getting any forty winks. I wanted to be the man of her life. The only thing I could do was to stand by her side whenever she needed me. I would be there for her no matter what happened. Loving a girl was not just to say I love her but gave her your love. I began to know all those love stuffs. I began to cogitate about Kelvin’s words. I just can’t get any sleepier even though I tried to close my eyes. The dreamland seemed to shut the door away from me. Slowly I banged my way through the wonderland.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top