• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

Singapore Day In Melbourne 08



Today the weather is perfect. The queue is extremely long which i have expected outside the Sydney Myer Music Bowl. I have never seen so many Singaporeans in Melbourne before till this event. I am really surprised apparently. I met up with Leslie, Ant, Wei, Terence, Gloria, Janis and Adrain at Sydney Myer Music Bowl to go for this "I Love Sg" convention. Ant and Wei were as usual always late but this time round i am partly the reason why they were late as i left the e ticket to this convention at home and they have to help me to print it from their place. We queued for almost 20 minutes to be able to get into the place. First stop we were approached by representatives from URA to tell us more about the opportunities to get back to Singapore to work with them. Maybe we do have the faces of the architects. We headed off to collect our goodies bags which is shown above. I will reveal in the following blogs of the contents in the goodie bags which remind me of my childhood. There is road street post showing 'City Hall', 'Fort canning', 'Rochchester Park' , 'Newton Circus' and a lot more which will lead us to the food stalls from the place.  The food stalls are designed like the food court.'Fort Canning'- Sydney Myer Music Bowl is the place where the concert from Singapore music and drama school, PCK cast, Tay Peng Hui, Daphane Khoo performed today. You be appalled that there were Singaporeans from Sydney actually flew to Melbourne for this convention as Wei overheard the conversation of the strangers beside us. 

There were Bak Ku Teh, Ice Kachang, Chendol, Bak Chor Mee, Lasi Lemak, Claypot Rice, Chicken wings, satay, Chilli crab, Laksa, Mee Soto, mee Siam, Kaya toast, chicken rice, chicken bryani, char kuey tiao, hokkien mee, Mixed Curry chicken rice and spaghetti. Oh i almost missed out Army ration food. Hee Hee.. I have no idea when spaghetti has become part of Singapore culture food. That is kinda of weird. I tried bak chor mee first, slightly different from what i ususally have but the meatball is nice and it does not has the weird porky smell whichi have had in other cafes. i really adhor the smell , seriousily the meat over in melbourne almost turned me to become vegetarain soon. The mushroom of the bak chor mee is nice and yum but slightly different from the usual one which i have had. The ice kachang and chendol are good. i really miss ice kachang a  lot indeed. It is my fav dessert back in singapore. we had chilli crabs and that was the most unglamourous moment. it was really messy eating that. I think my white jacket must be hungry too and  had some of the chilli crab sauce. We queued fo the mee soto and laksa stall afterward. Yum, mee soto something i missed too but they did not flew in the black chilli sauce that came with the food. It was kind of fun as the stall holders actually spoke to us in mandrain, "Ah girl ah, are you from Singapore? Eat more, and etc". it is kinda of funny and nice feeling. It has been so long since i heard people actually speaking singlish and mandrain over here. . We went to lay the picnic mat and rest for ahwile to see the concert. We had claypot rice after awhile followed by we went to the different booth of the Ura, HDB and MINDEF to see the updates and glimpse of the future singapore.

I had like a little shock here and there as it has been a long time since i have gone back to Singapore. Well i really feel good that there is this event here to update me. We had hokkien mee which served us with a big prawn but the noodle was not the noodle from singapore unfortunately.Nevertheless, it was still enjoyable. i had chicken rice without the chicken because i hate white chicken , i gave all my white chicken to wei and ant. hehe i am contented with just the rice. we had a lot of food today in small amount. My poor legs are aching so badly now as we have been walking and queueing for food. i have forgotten to mention that the food are all free. All of us got sunburnt. i do not get sunburnt but i do turn darker. THis is the sacrifice we have to make. I am really thankful to the hawker centre chefs who are here to cook for us today. i know they must be very tired. 

we watch the PCK cast  performing on stage live in Melbourne which is really bringing me back home instantly for that moment. the ministers are here too to give the speech. This event is held in NY last year and this year it is held over in Melbourne. There is a lucky draw and the first price is the ticket back to Singapore. 

i have never felt so happy and contented which i have had before today. It is really ashamed that there are some singaporeans who leave their litter all over the park which makes our reputation looks like nothing on earth. Well, that is just the minority. More photos of the events will be posted later  when Ant has passed me the photos as this time round i did not bring my camera as i just want to enjoy the food and concert.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top