• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

Lovely Sunday with Yc and Lixia









































































































































Thank you Lord for showing me all the beautiful things around me. I have almost forgotten how wonderful things are around me. May you bless and guide me to find the church which you would like me to be in and to serve you too.

Today is indeed a lovely day. The sunny island of Singapore is relatively hot when Lixia, Yc and myself reached Changhi Village to have our early lunch. Lixia is having something out of the ordinary today, she has porridge. Yc and i had lasi lemak but YC is having the fried bee hoon (vermicelli) version of it. Lixia and i have grass jelly drink while YC has sugar cane drink. The dark clouds have gradually move into place and cover the sun. Our enthusiasm are still soaring high in cycling at Pulau Ubin despite that. I am rather pleased with the new jetty area to wait for the bummed boats (is that what it is called) to go to Pulau Ubin. It looks like sentosa in the way. I enjoy the familir ride on the bummed boat with the man driving it talking in bilingual language of Malay and Mandrain collecting $2.50 from us. I enjoy the sea breeze during the boat ride, it feels as if the breeze is welcoming us to Pulau Ubin.

We rented bicycle for the whole day instantly when we reached there. Of course, i took some photos before that like a tourist. We begin cycling and i have a rather hard time trying to remember how to cycle again. I picked it up gradually as time go past. Riding along the up slope is really feel like a cherry on top of a cake. I think all of us must have toned up our leg muscle today. We cycled our way to Chek Jawa and enjoyed the short board walk and climbed up the tower which almost shorten one year of my life span. We learn to appreciate the mangrove and the nature. One of the mangrove is growing the atap chee seed used in our dessert for Ice kachang.

We were lucky to escape the heavy downpour by the time we cycled back from where we first started. we were slightly wet. we took shelter in a shop and took a rest at the same time. i enjoy my coconut drink at the shop looking at people, editing my photos on my iphone, hearing the parrot trying to sing and hanging out with YC and lixia. It was amazing to see how the life in Pulau Ubin is like. It would be the same all over again. There will always be people renting bicycles to cycle or trek by foot everyday in Pulau Ubin. I used to feel that this quarry island is being forgotten in the ways till today. It has always been well regonised by people and love by the heartlanders and tourists who seek this place as a get away from the hectic city life. Life in Pulau Ubin is simple and old school.

We headed off to have dinner at Ah Guan Mee Pok Place, located at 69 Syri Alwi Road where it sells a very different mee pok after the Ubin trip. The Mee Pok which i have selected came with the crayfish, prawn, liver, fish cake and scallop. The noodles are well cooked but the portion is so darn small and it made us hungry after an hour. It was raining cats and dogs. we headed off to vivo city to walk around the shops and catch the movie, Iron Man 2.

Rating on the iron Man 2, it is all right but not great. I prefer the first iron man 1 movie where the storyline is more of a punchline. Nevertheless the graphic from Iron Man 2 is still fantastic. You would fall in love with the technology of it especially when you can get wireframe off the architecture site model so quickly. i would rate it 7 out of 10. Please do stay back after the credits of the movie as there is a preview scene of there would be the next sequel of Iron Man 3 coming out.
































































4 comments:

Yoke Chye said...

It's Atap-chee, not atji.. haa... young seeds of the mangrove plant Nypa fruticans...
oh forgot to tell u all that some of the visual effects from iron man 2 were made in Singapore if you all don't know...

Laney said...

Lol my spelling error. Hmm really , so cool ? The visual effect is made
in Singapore?

Yoke Chye said...

only part of it... it was published in the papers.

Laney said...

icic

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top