• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

Trekking At MacRitchie Reservoir














Wow, what a awesome day. I can't bearly feel my legs today. I finally got to eat the Mackers Big breakie today. The familir yellow rectangular box with my hashbrown and cup of orange juice. I pondered am i more used to the portion of food serve in Melbourne. The big breakkie portion seems to be relatively small though, with two bread buns, one piece of meat and the scrambled eggs. I really do enjoy the breakie with my dear good friends, Choon Mei and Yoke Chye at the Mackers which i always go to during school days to study with my secondary school friends. i miss this place , classic mackers which u can only find it here which looks like japanese garden. We are blessed with the nice breeze today. Trio was leased by our table while we are eating. We were about to finish out food when YC realized hmm there is a prohibited dog sign on the restaurant premises.
I can understand why dog is not allowed in restaurant premises because of hygene issue but i cannot apprehend why Singapore do not have the culture of having dogs outside the cafe or a park like MacRitchie Reservoir. Back in Melbourne, the culture is so different, everywhere is dog friendly especially the park as long as they are leashed. Trio was only allowed to walk around the MacRitchie Reservoir Road and not the reserve. Basically after i took her around she was in Yc's car most of the time while we went trekking. It was a blessing that Trio did not come along as i knew she would not be able to trek for so long and she would have stopped and i have to carry her throughout the trekking. Trekking was fun and really exhausting because the ground is kinda of muddy and slippery after the heavy rain the morning. I have gone to HSBC tree top walk before in a shortcut way where boss dropped me off last time nearer to it. Never did i realized the full distance is really long and is almost like never ending trek. This is the first time experience for YC and CM at HSBC tree top walk. I can see they really enjoy it.. i must tell u YC your stamina is darn good... my knees are like aching when i climbed up or down the stairs. I enjoy the slimy muddy trekking with them and going up and down the steps / slope. I love the fresh air that is saturated in the forest. hehe and we cheated by taking bus for 3 stops whaha....oops....
The food serving in the cafe at Macritchie is a total ripped off especially for YC chicken cultet and fries for the price of $4.90. My chicken feet noodle was a total shock to me, it was instant noodle kinda of noodle, lol. I have never seen chicken feet in such a dark black color before but i have to admit the chicken feet is well marinated with some herbs sauce. CM has the ice cream on waffle which is quite all right. Lucky her....MacRitchie changes a lot from the olden times where i would have my cross country last time. I love the visitor centre boss designed for MacRitchie. I am happy that i was involved in the project of the urban planning of MacRitchie last time. Glad that i am finally able to go there to take a look at the changes. Ok i am getting tired bed time....gd nite ...Thank you Lord for all the wonderful time i have had today with my friends in the nature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top