• I do miss my life in Melbourne as it is almost like a land of OZ which i have so many happy memories with my friends, colleague and church mates.
  • Flying my little gal, Trio back is the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life. i am introducing her to my family and friends who love her whole heartedly.
  • I am contented enough to come back to Singapore and spend my time with my family and friends in Singapore with all the good foods available.

Food of my memories



For people who have gone thru my facebook, this is my personal favourite food when i was in the secondary school and poly time in Singpaore which is similar to the high school time for the kids in other countries. I study in Queenseway secondary school which has the uniform of the purple skirt. It is along Margaret Drive and near Queenstown. There is this famous stall in a Hawker near my school which i frequently go to with my friends. The stall is none other than the Poh Piah stall which is similar to the Vietnamese Rice roll except that the skin of it is being made and the filling is more of the radish, prawn and carrot. I love Poh Piah so much. The last time i had it was during the potluck when Chun Fei my dear friend who have made it at Janis's Place. Chunfei, you are really the greatest cook ever among us from Western to Eastern food... You are good at baking too.
I would really say this is the Best Poh Pia in Singapore which i have ever had which i would fall at my feet to have it and appreciate it.....i am going to miss the Poh Piah so much. It is going to be another 2 years before i am back.

The following is the Claypot rice in chinatown. Seng, Xian and I are seeking for the Claypot which i have had with Seng and Mei back in Poly Time. The claypot restaurant seemed to be relocated in the market. Sadly the one we have had was not that fantastic, it was like burning off my memory of the taste of how the claypot rice should be like.
It is all right as i have learnt how to prepare it myself, Thankful to my mom's and colleague's recipe.... My friends, janis, weiren and ant enjoyed it during the chinese new year renuion in Melbourne when i prepared it. It is so hilarious as i have prepared and cooked for the portion for ten people instead of us... Bugger we have had claypot for at least three days... :) hehe I am really happy we all enjoyed it...
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Little Page of Laney Low ll © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top